Wisdom teeth extraction is not always necessary, unless they make you feel uncomfortable. Are you not sure about when to get them removed? In this blog, we will discuss about the issues they can cause by them and when does it become necessary to get them removed! If you are facing any such issue with your wisdom tooth, you should visit Lavana Family Dental for best dentist in Gardner, MA.
Wisdom teeth are basically the third molars, in the very back of the mouth. They erupt between the age of 17 to 25 years. Some people may also not get wisdom teeth in their lifetime. But when the wisdom teeth erupt, people face severe pain along with swelling. They face difficulty eating and even opening their mouth. Once they erupt, it becomes necessary to give them time to grow a little. They make space for themselves. Our Gardner dentist says, they may not need to be extracted if:
- They are healthy and fully erupted.
- They are appropriately positioned and not causing any problem to the teeth next to them.
- You are able to clean them properly, following the daily oral hygiene.
However, wisdom teeth do not always find proper space to grow. This causes them to grow at different angles, creating problems to the other teeth. Such severe problems include:
- Stay completely hidden within the gums. They are unable to grow normally, becoming impacted. These impacted wisdom teeth can cause infections, cysts or even tumors.
- Emerge incompletely through the gums. This makes it tough to clean them regularly, therefore attracting bacteria. These oral bacteria are known to cause different oral infections and gum diseases. Since they are hard to clean, they may get cavities that are not treatable.
- Due to insufficient room to grow, they tend to crowd nearby teeth, consequently damaging them.
To prevent yourself from such severe dental problems, you must visit the best oral surgeon Gardner, MA for wisdom teeth extraction. Once you visit your dentist, he will definitely recommend the wisdom teeth extraction if they find improper growth of your wisdom teeth. You should also be careful about it. Immediately visit your dentist if you face issues with your wisdom teeth, such as:
- Repeated infection of soft tissue
- Cysts or tumors
- Gum disease
- Any sort of damage to nearby teeth
- Extensive tooth decay
Neglecting your symptoms can lead to severe issues mentioned earlier. It is not your decision to get your wisdom teeth removed. But it is up to you to visit your dentist as soon as you start facing the symptoms. An oral surgeon will be able to check the position and health of your wisdom teeth, therefore suggesting the best solution for you.
Lavana Family Dental offers best oral surgery Gardner, MA. If you stay in or nearby Gardner, you must consider us for amazing dental solutions. We offer wide range of dental services. Book an appointment before visiting to avoid waiting. You will have the best experience for sure. you must consult Lavana family dental .
Also Read This – What Roof Damages Can be Caused by Ice Dams?