Your garage door needs special and constant care. Always remember that any damage in your garage door could lead to some undesirable issues. The damage might get bigger or it could even be the gateway to your home’s infestation by pests. Not to mention how your home might be liable to theft and security breaches. To maximize the efficacy of your garage door and make sure it is devoid of any repair issues, you need to have your garage door checked constantly by a garage door service Deltona. How frequent should you get parking door service to check yours? Here is all you need to know!
How frequent you should get a maintenance service for your garage door
Right after placing your garage door, you should get a maintenance service at least once in the first year. Then afterwards, it is recommended to get a maintenance service at least once every 24 months. The maintenance service usually lasts for 30 minutes on average.
What does a maintenance service for your garage door involve?
A maintenance service for your garage door involves a series of procedures that would maintain your garage door’s function and fix any damage or issue in your garage door before it grows to become a big issue. These procedures include, but are not limited to,:
- Lubricating the door parts that are involved in its moving capability. This includes chain drive and tracks. Such a procedure would ensure the smooth opening and closure of your garage door without any issues.
- Inspecting the door parts that are responsible for safety and security. This is to maximize the safety and security of a garage door. Such a procedure includes inspecting the safe lock and looking for any malfunctions in the garage door, while it is operating, that could do any harm.
Checking your garage door by yourself
In addition to the maintenance service that you should be getting periodically to your garage door, it is advisable to check your garage doors Daytona Beach by yourself every month. This way, you will make sure you maintain your garage door in its best condition. The monthly check-up that you could do for your parking door is pretty easy. It includes:
- Checking if you can manually open the garage door from the outside without the influence of the opener
- Looking for any glass break if there are windows in your garage door
- Checking if there is any noise that the parking door makes during either its opening or closure
When would my garage door need a repair or a replacement service?
There are a few signs that would indicate that your garage door needs a repair or a replacement service. These include when:
- There is a noise coming through your garage door while it is functioning
- Your parking door is not opening or closing easily or might even stop while it is working
- There is a break or a crack in any of your garage door parts
Causes of garage door damages
There are many reasons why a parking door can develop issues or damages. These include, but are not limited to,:
- The track has debris
- Lubrication is not enough
- Environmental causes