May 2015 witnessed the emergence of Discord, an instant messaging platform. More than 6 years since its launch, the San Francisco-origin social network has grown steadily. Today, it has become the top choice for community engagement, gaming, and for people to share their interests and preferences. Importantly, Discord allows communication via voice, video calls, and texts. Are you an entrepreneur aiming to increase the hype for your project? Partner with a Discord marketing company now.
How does Discord stand out strong in the world of social media?
- The Android app of Discord has been downloaded more than 100,000 times. Launched as a Voice-Over-Internet Protocol (VoIP), it is the hub for interesting communities and exciting channels.
- Moreover, servers act as the backbone of Discord. Users can communicate in a hassle-free manner as the topics are segregated accordingly.
- Moderators can prevent disputes as they can remove members who violate guidelines. Additionally, they receive special powers for the creation and management of channels.
- Besides that, Discord also offers monthly and yearly subscription plans for users. They get access to features like instant live streaming, access to high-resolution videos, quick sharing of files, and easy creation of custom emojis. Moreover, users can also utilize their animated avatars, claim custom tags, and screen-share the engaging content.
- With the explosion of Web 3.0, the invite-only social media platform is helping cryptocurrency, Decentralized Finance (DeFi projects), and NFT marketplaces to go mainstream. Popular brands like Cult and Rain, Adidas, and Gucci are using social media platform to enhance their engagement.
- Discord has a solid monthly user base of more than 150 million and around 19 million active weekly servers. Hence it is helping NFT projects build their popularity.
- Importantly, national and international brands are utilizing Discord to share details of upcoming drops, distribute limited-edition crypto collectibles, and entice buyers with discounts, offers, and promo codes.
- Apart from a rapid rise in members, NFT sellers are also seeing a rise in engagement rate due to sharing of multimedia content, customization of servers, and direct chatting (voice chats and video calls).
The strategies to follow while organizing campaigns on Discord are:
Community management – Undoubtedly, brands can get a big edge against their competitors by implementing promotional efforts effectively. With functionalities like high-quality screen-sharing, video chatting, private and public servers, voice chats, and instant photo sharing of images, sellers can directly reach out to their customers.
Moreover, a Discord marketing company will understand the likes and preferences and capture the trust of loyal users. Comprehensive research is undertaken to know how the target audience responds to the launch of new products and services. Importantly, well-versed experts will organize competitions, conduct quizzes, and reward the winners with valuable goodies. Besides that, you can welcome new members with welcome messages. Hence, this will encourage them to become an integral part of the community with shared interests.
Share content frequently – What distinguishes an iconic brand from a new one? Posting relevant content makes a difference. A full-services Discord marketing enterprise will publish images, share videos, post memes, and also publish important announcements through voice messages. You can also keep a close watch over the activity of users. It includes setting up a Slow Mode, marking channels as SFW or NSFW, and granting permissions to users regarding their interaction.
Further, moderators are responsible for finalizing topics and giving permission to speakers and listeners. They can also use the stage channel option for sharing their thoughts and opinions.
Utilize the Partner Program option – In recent times, artists, celebrities, influencers, and famous brands are launching NFTs and making huge revenue. Likewise, metapreneurs like you can join the partner program and receive lots of incentives.
A Discord marketing firm will attach custom URLs, include a banner, and also giveaway special badges. Moreover, project developers can set their server to Community and should fulfil certain requirements before moving on to the next level. It includes having a minimum number of members, active communicators who speak every week, a specific number of visitors who visit weekly, and a steady increase in the retention rate.
Importantly, you should also disclose information about the topic and the type of community (creator, celebrity figure, domestic and international business, and brand). Later, approval is granted after verifying the website link, location, and activity of social media accounts on platforms like Reddit, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Soundcloud etc.
Focus on code of conduct – Unquestionably, controversies will harm the reputation of the brand. You must keep a close watch on the conversations between users and the kind of content shared by them. Consequently, when you launch a server, moderators and owners should share the Code of Conduct guidelines with members of channels.
Hence, the appropriate action should be taken for removing harmful and abusive content. Moreover, the regulations will be different for both content creators and community servers. Hence, consistency in sticking to the topic will prevent problems like the removal of channels and revoking of perks.
Besides that, content creators across different genres ought to post original messages and texts. Thus, a full-service Discord marketing agency will prevent the posting of plagiarized content.
Concentrate more on enhancing your profile – Digital avatars are the new rage in the metaverse. Likewise, brands who are planning to come out with Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) must focus on profiles. You can upload photos that reflect your business idea and the uniqueness of your project.
Moreover, brands that mint and sell crypto collectibles can adjust colors, boost the quality of the imagery, and select eye-catching templates for their servers. Besides that, the addition of frames and including more information in the bio will help in conveying the appropriate tone of voice (TOV) to the target audience.
Give more attention to security measures – It is essential to safeguard users from scammers, hackers, and phishers. Thus integrating security steps like two-factor authentication (2FA), restricting of Direct Messaging (DM), updation of official server invites, and regular monitoring of server permissions is needed.
Importantly, this will prevent unauthorized usage of accounts and channels. Members can also prevent leakage of data by not clicking suspicious links, not sharing the authorization tokens, and avoiding scanning of QR codes from unknown persons.
Undoubtedly, like-minded people have more things in common. Keen to use the power of this social media platform? Connect with an enterprise now and formulate result-oriented Discord marketing strategies.