What is responsive design?
Responsive web design is also called RWD design. An RWB modern web design approach that allows websites and pages to render (or display) on all devices and screen sizes by automatically adapting to the screen, whether it’s a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
How does RWD work?
RWD works through CSS using various settings to serve different style properties depending on the:
- Screen size
The CSS properties related to RWD are:
- Media queries.
How to implement RWD?
Some necessary changes make your website more responsive because most business owners know the importance of responsive website design.
Following are the changes that help you implement the RWD:
In past years most of the website was laid out based on the measurement called pixels. But now, web designers shifted to using a fluid grid.
- A grid sizes the element of your website proportionally instead of making them a specific size.
- A grid divides into columns, height and width are scaled. nothing is set in terms of width and height. Rather than the proportion, it depends on how large the screen is.
- You can set the rulers for this grid by modifying your website CSS and other code.
Nowadays, laptops are available with touchscreen features. This makes it important for responsive websites to be designed with both mouse and touch users in mind.
If your website form contains the dropdown menu on the desktop, consider styling form and it is larger and easier for touch screens.
Thinking about images:
Images are one of the most challenging aspects of responsive web design. You will need to create rulers in your CSS that determine how to handle the image on different screens.
If you are not a designer and not hiring a web designing company. So you can easily use the per- designing layout. In this, you only need to update color, branding, and content that match company needs.
Benefits of a responsive website:
Following are the benefits of responsive web design.
The responsive website design will help you to save money that you spend on mobile sites. you will only spend on one website design that is appealing to all types of audiences.
With responsive website design, you can make changes easily and quickly. You cannot need to worry about making changes on two websites.
Responsive design can help with SEO, because Google, as mentioned, gives preference to websites that are mobile-friendly. In combination with other SEO factors, responsiveness can help give you a big boost in search engine results.
Improved User Experience:
Responsive web design improves the user experience and increases traffic on your website. Users don’t like unprofessional websites, because of zooming and scrolling issues. content is not viewed quickly.
Cost of web design and development:
First, the cost of website design is determined by who you choose for your professional website.
- Want to hire a freelancer.
- Hiring a professional web designing company.
- Build a website yourself using a website builder.
The best decision is to hire a web development company. Because of the following reasons:
- They have expertise.
- Save your money and time.
- Customize your website.
What is a responsive website design and development cost breakdown when you hire a web designing company?
Commonly, the website design cost is dependent on a few things:
- The kind of business you run.
- Pages on your website.
- A number of product pages you need.
These three basics and essential aspects of your responsive web design cost. You’ll tack some additional cost if your options for:
- Customized video helps bring your pages to life and build brand awareness.
- Customized graphics and images help break up the long block content.
- Custom, personalized content gives Google something to rank in Search Engines.
- SEO services help your content rank highly in search engines like google, which ultimately drives more traffic to your website.
- Website Maintenance helps you to make sure your site is up to date.