Beer processing and packaging can be highly challenging in damp and wet environments. Excess bacteria can do more harm than good. If you are fed up with the damp and warm environment inside the brewery, consider installing wall panels to control the temperature and moisture inside. The breweries FRP panels were a traditional choice, but fiberglass has recently met with many complaints for molding, rotting, and falling off. The fiberglass material is now getting replaced with PVC breweries wall panels. The high-end vinyl wall mAuthor Bio – James Jackson was looking for breweries wall panels. He refused to be fooled by installing breweries FRP panels as they are high maintenance and need to get replaced within a few years. James wanted a durable wall panel and got in touch with Duramax. aterial is a premium choice for small and large-scale brewery units. The vinyl panels for the commercial facility come with plenty of advantages and disadvantages. Here is an insight into the pros and cons of vinyl wall panels.
Advantages of PVC panels
- The vinyl breweries wall panels made from 100% virgin PVC material are waterproof, and the non-porous surface can shed off excess moisture rather than absorb them. The PVC material has no backers, unlike breweries FRP panels, and therefore does not attract or absorb any moisture. In addition, the high-quality PVC wall panels have no fissures that can trap liquids and cause the wall material to rot, degrade, and peel.
- The vinyl panels are exceptionally sturdy and robust. The ½ inch PVC panels are resistant to high impacts and support attic insulation loads. The PVC wall panels are bright, white, pristine, and light-reflective, adding luminosity inside the dimly lit breweries. The vinyl panels are chemical resistant and do not rust, rot, stain, fade, or get discolored – unlike FRP. In addition, the vinyl wall panels are easily cleanable to retain the white sheen. The PVC panels can be washed with a pressure washer or easily wiped clean with a damp mop. Unlike delicate FRP wall material, the low-maintenance PVC panels require no expert care and cleaning.
- PVC panels rank high in durability, where the actual forte lies. With minimal care, the vinyl wall panels last for 45 to 50 years post-installation. The PVC panels are recyclable wall materials and can get reused 7x times minimally. The total lifecycle of vinyl panels is 140 years with proper upkeep. While PVC is of exceptional durability, the longevity of FRP is questionable. The FRP panels are susceptible to repeated repair and repainting and need to be replaced once damaged. As a result, FRP is not a recyclable material and not an eco-friendly wall cladding choice.
- Lastly, installing PVC panels is highly economical, just like the maintenance. The PVC panels come in DIY all-inclusive kits with a user-friendly manual to help in the step-by-step setup process. It takes only 1 man to install the PVC panels within 7 to 8 hours. Compared to FRP, the PVC installation can save 40% on material costs and 50% on labor charges.
Disadvantages of PVC panels
- The only con is that PVC panels are initially costlier than FRP. However, this con is also negligible as you can now avail PVC wall panels at factory-direct rates from Duramax.
The breweries wall panels are a non-negotiable choice to keep the commercial facilities clean and damp-free. Although breweries FRP panels have a good name, currently, PVC is the in-thing and is here to stay. Additionally, installing low-maintenance PVC panels is more sustainable than relying on FRP.
Request a quote now. Call at 323-991-7507.