Today we are going to give you information about such an asana, which is also practiced by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi himself and it is said that regular practice of Padahastasana gives many wonderful benefits to our body.
Below we will try to answer your questions related to Padahastasana and all your questions. So that you can get more and more information and you can take maximum advantage of this posture.
Padahastasana is also known by many different names. We know this posture by different names in every country. We know this posture in English as hand to feet. Similarly, this Padahastasana has many other names.
3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh is a great way to gain in-depth knowledge about different yoga asanas & meditation techniques.
What is Padahastasana?
Man today is battling lifestyle-related diseases. The reason is the lifestyle. Today it has become against the laws of nature. Waking up late in the morning and sleeping late at night, eating more at night, stale food, consumption of fast food, etc., we are getting various types of incurable diseases.
Due to this, we have to deal with many diseases like obesity, indigestion, constipation, acidity, and gas, etc. Padahastasana proves to be very effective in preventing them, people who practice this asana regularly, get benefits from these problems to a great extent.
For information, let us tell you that the formation of Padahastasan is made up of 2 words. The first word of this asana is pada, which means feet. The second word is Hastasana, which means hand. By combining these two, the word Padahastasana is formed, which we call Padahastasana.
The rule of doing Padahastasana –
Padahastasana posture should be practiced very slowly. This asana should be practiced in the morning on an empty stomach after defecation. This asana can be practiced even 4 hours after a meal. But the practice of this asana 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour later proves to be very beneficial.
One hour before or one hour after sunrise, oxygen and vitality remain very high in the atmosphere, due to which this time is the most suitable time to practice all kinds of asanas. Padahastasana should be practiced in an open space or a well-ventilated room so that pure air can be obtained.
Method of doing Padahastasana –
Before doing any asana, you should know about the complete method of doing that asana. So that you do not have to face any problem in doing that asana. Below we are going to tell you about the simplest method of doing Padahastasana so that you can practice this posture with posture.
- First of all, lay a yoga mat on your ground. On which you can easily stand.
- After that, stand straight on that opinion and keep both hands on the side of the waist.
- Let both the heels, feet and thighs touch each other. Keep both the areas close by. Keep a little space between the toes.
- Now slowly raise both hands while breathing, inhale. Keep the arms and legs taut and release slowly and bend the body in front from the waist.
- Keep the knees straight both the hands straight as well. Try to touch the toes with the hands and the knees with the head.
- Now pull the stomach inwards and apply Baham Kumbha.
- Stay in this position for 5 to 20 seconds initially. While breathing slowly, both hands go back up and stand. Repeat this five to 10 times.
Benefits of Padahastasana –
- This asana (Padahastasana) is also easy to see. But this posture is very useful. Padahastasana reduces obesity, belly fat. Makes the body flexible and shapely. Strengthens and strengthens the legs, calves, and knees. By doing this continuously, the belly starts decreasing. Blood circulation increases.
- There is an increase in indigestion. It is beneficial in constipation, piles, and eye diseases. Strengthens and activates the intestines, kidneys, liver, liver, pancreas, abdominal organs, etc.
- Activates the reproductive organs and removes disorders. Makes the spine flexible. Makes the nervous system capable. Gives strength to the waist in old age. It is also helpful in increasing height and reducing weight.
Care should be taken while doing Padahastasana –
Whenever you go to practice any kind of asana, before that one should be careful while practicing that asana, you need to know that. So that you can keep yourself safe. Below we give you the precautions you should take while practicing Padahastasana. I have tried to give detailed information about it.
- You should not practice this asana in the slipped disc and lumbar disease. Women should never practice this asana during pregnancy. This can harm their child. If a pregnant woman practices Padahastasana by mistake, she should immediately contact her doctor.
- Do not practice this asana in case of fever or infection.
- Do not forcefully do this posture in the beginning, do not shock any part. If there is any pain or tension in the body, then immediately end the asana and slowly lie down in a comfortable position or asana. Health is the body at the base of all the goals of life. Do yoga and stay healthy.
- Those who are doing this asana for the first time should practice this asana only under the supervision of a yoga teacher and the amount they can bend is 100%. This asana should not be practiced forcibly. The perfect state can be achieved gradually with practice.