Last night I was looking for my old Outlook emails, then I realised my Outlook storage Is out of space. Then, I noticed that my Outlook contained lots of duplicate emails. However, I instantly wana get rid of these duplicate items. I tried every method to to delete duplicate items but none of them worked, so, please suggest a solution to remove duplicate items from Outlook calendar.
Duplicate Items like contacts, emails, calendar entries are the most known issue in the case of duplicate items in Microsoft Outlook. There are multiple reasons due to these duplicate files. If you want to delete these duplicate items from your Outlook, then stay connected to this blog. Here in this article, we have discussed some solutions to remove duplicate items from Outlook. But before we start, see what are the reasons why users have to delete duplicates from Outlook Calendar.
Reasons Why Outlook Generates Duplicate Calendar Entries
In the above section we said there are multiple causes which are responsible for creating duplicate calendar entries in Outlook.
- Syncing your Outlook profile with a smartphone or other app that doesn’t support the Outlook recursion pattern. In Microsoft Outlook, this leads to the creation of numerous calendar entries.
- Duplicate calendar items will appear in Outlook if the Outlook Rules are not configured properly in the Outlook profile.
- When transferring calendar items from another application to Outlook, the option to allow duplicates to be created is enabled.
- Your Outlook profile can be intercepted by third-party antivirus software, resulting in duplicate calendar entries in Outlook.
Remove Duplicate Items from Outlook Calendar – Native Workaround
In this segment, we are going to talk about two different techniques to delete duplicate items so that the user can implement any of the techniques according to requirements.
- The user must manually delete duplicate events connected with the Outlook calendar by following the steps outlined below.
- Open Outlook calendar and go to the Navigation pane and select the calendar folder.
- Now, click on change presents on the View tab in the current view group.
- After that, click on the list. After that, click on the subject column heading to organise all of the calendar items by subject.
- Now, while clicking on each duplicate calendar item in the list, you must hold down the ctrl key.
- After you’ve selected all of the duplicate calendar items, hit the delete key.
Automated Solution to Delete Duplicate Items in Outlook Calendar
Mainly the above mentioned reasons are the most responsible reasons for creating the duplicate calendar items in Outlook. So to remove these duplicate calendar entries in Outlook by using the manual procedure, you have to simply identify and select the duplicate items one by one.
You can only delete one item once at a time, that’s why the manual solution is a time-consuming and slow process. You can go with the manual solution if you have to remove a limited number of entries. But if you have lots of entries to delete then, what to do? No need to worry, we provide you the best third-party software expert recommended Outlook Duplicacy Remover. It is a tool that is capable of removing duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and all its versions below.
In this technical write-up, we have discussed multiple solutions to remove duplicate items from Outlook calendar items. We compare and discuss manual and automated solution both for exact and as per your need. Manual methods will work but there is a lot of chance of data loss and time-consuming process. So, we recommend a professional solution to remove duplicate items from Outlook calendar.