The Web3 revolution has begun, and Web3 gaming is the new kid on the block, years after the internet business revolution.
- Web3 games are free and open-source online games that leverage blockchain technology as the economic foundation.
- Web gaming allows users to trade and own in-game collectibles and assets through unique NFTs using game tokens or cryptocurrency.
- Earn-to-play Web3 allows users to own in-game assets, unlike traditional game economies that forbid exchanging in-game money for real-world items.
- Decentralization and self-sovereignty in gaming have so far been successfully provided via Web3 gaming.
- Web3 games are being adopted and marketed by gaming communities under a variety of labels, such as Play-to-Earn games, Crypto games, NFT games, etc.
- Because NFTs and liquid marketplaces for trading these assets are developing, gamers can really claim ownership of the in-game assets.
- The Web3 gaming ecosystem, as well as the ownership of in-game items and gameplay experiences, are not governing a single entity.
- In a Web3 game, the players, or Gaming DAOs, control the governance, and in this decentralized setting, the players own all of their winnings.
- Many larger organizations are also drawn to Web3 technology, and some of them have even recruited the top Web3 Game Development Company to work on their projects.
Let’s go through some basic characteristics of Web3 gaming platforms:
Possession and compatibility
Whenever gamers switch games or gaming platforms while playing traditional games, they frequently lose all of their in-game items.
Additionally, their digital possessions had little value in the actual world.
Whereas with Web3 gaming, players fully own the in-game items and collectibles they gain from playing the game and spending time on it in the form of NFTs.
This feature embodies self-sovereignty by allowing players to own and share in-game digital assets between platforms.
Any gamer can collect in-game assets on one Web3 platform and transfer them to another without losing their value or significance.
Including Classical Games
Every gamer has their own preferences for games, genres, characters, and other aspects of the gaming experience.
Web3 integrates improved versions of existing games into the metaverse and blockchain platforms, introducing decentralization to increase player options.
Ancient Web3 games in the metaverse let users build avatars, exchange in-game objects and digital assets, and earn cryptocurrencies or game tokens.
Gamified Player Economics
Play-to-Earn Web3, which incorporates cryptocurrency, makes gaming economies more approachable and empowers players to participate.
Native integration of P2E and MMO game economy gives players a fair distribution method. Virtual assets, economic tactics, and player coordination models form P2E economics.
Players’ and developers’ incentives will be better aligning, and digital assets and game progress will be owning.
Web3 gaming combines decentralized block minting, cheap maintenance costs, and high data storage availability to run autonomously with no downtime.
Web3 games are housing on the unhackable blockchain network, increasing model security. DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations) add transparency to Web3 games using blockchain technology.
DAOs give voting consensus for each game alteration, which any player can access impartially.
Web3 gaming looks promising in 2022 as more P2E games and metaverses go live on blockchain.
As Web3 gaming evolves, demand for digital infrastructure and Metaverse development knowledge rises.
Suffescom Solutions Inc. opened a Web3 gaming center of excellence to deliver gaming solutions, animation, design, and Blockchain tech.
The new vertical has brilliant Game Producers, Game design artists, and developers with access to best-in-class infrastructure and R&D lab resources to generate Web2 and Web3 games simultaneously.