Google SketchUp is a 3D design software tool that is useful for making 3D in a 2D environment. In addition, it allows you to create and edit 2D and 3D models with a patented “Push and Pull” method. This method allows designers to extrude any flat surface into 3D shapes by just clicking an object and then start pulling it until you like what you see.
Versions Of Google SketchUp
Google SketchUp comes in three different versions and each version suits different project needs. Given below are the three versions of SketchUp.
- SketchUp Make- This is a free version and a user can easily download it by signing for a free account. In addition, it is free to use for various home, personal and educational purposes. Moreover, it begins with a free 30-day trial of SketchUp Pro.
- SketchUp Pro- This is the premium version of SketchUp software and it is capable of importing and exporting different file formats. In addition, it also provides access to the 2D documentation software, layout tools, and a Style Builder.
- SketchUp Free- It is a web-based application and it requires signing up for a free Timble ID with a valid email address to use it. However, this version lacks many features and capabilities that the pro version has, but is ideal for personal use.
Features Of SketchUp
- Layout- Layouts are responsible for turning your SketchUp models into diagrams, drawings, presentations, and even scaled prints. In addition, Layout tools are useful in drawing to scale in 2D—sketching from scratch or adding scaled linework over your SketchUp model. To further know about its features, one can visit Google SketchUp Training Institute in Delhi.
- Style Builder- As its name suggests, Style builder helps a user in creating its own sketchy-edge style. In addition, with this feature, users are free to create custom styles and apply them to SketchUp models. Moreover, you can create sketchy-edge styles from pencil lines to pen strokes to thick graphite lines.
- 3D Warehouse- The 3D warehouse allows a user to upload its own models so that other users can download them. In addition, it also allows users to download models that other people have created. Moreover, this 3D warehouse allows users to connect with other users.
- Extension Warehouse- This product is useful in providing extensions or plug-ins for Google SketchUp. In addition, these extensions are useful in adding special features. Moreover, they come with various industry-specific tools, such as extensions for architecture, construction, and engineering.
What’s New in Sketchup 2022
With each update, SketchUp comes with various new changes and features, Given below is a list of the new features in Sketchup 2022.
- Search Tool Feature- This tool allows a user to search for his favorite tools. It also comes with arrow keys that are useful in sorting through the list. Moreover, this search tool allows you to search tools of the extensions you would install into Sketchup.
- Lasso Select Tool- This is an ideal tool for selecting complex objects. You can window select objects by making the selection clockwise and making a drag selection anticlockwise helps in selecting all objects that come in the path of the selection.
- Tag Tool- Tag tools are useful in sampling and assigning tags in Sketchup. All you need to do is activate the tag tool, click on any tag name you want to apply from, and then click on entities you would want to apply the tag on.
- Arc Tools- These arc tools are useful in creating arcs continuously by using the Tangent Inference Lock. In addition, all you need to do is Simply tap the ‘alt’ key and then continue creating your arcs.
- Tape Measure Tool- Tape measuring tools are useful in providing length, area, and coordinates on hover of faces and endpoints. In addition, it holds the measurement of value whenever the user takes the management. Many institutes provide Google SketchUp Training Institute in Noida and one can enroll in them to start a career in it.
- Upgraded Freehand Tool- It comes with an upgraded freehand tool that provides you the ability to tap the ‘ctrl’ or ‘alt’ keys to change the segmentation of the line.
Google SketchUp is a 3D Design Software tool useful to create and edit 2D and 3D models with a patented “Push and Pull” method. It consists of three versions that are Make, Pro, and Free. Google SketchUp has come up with various new features like Search Tool, Lasso Select, Arc Tools, Upgraded Freehand and many more.