Known as Cat Cow Pose or Marjariasana-Bitilasana posture, which helps in giving flexibility to the spine. Back pain is a common health issue experienced frequently by many people. It mostly complains of muscle cramps and pain. So naturally, when one faces these issues, they stay away from exercising completely. But actor Shilpa Shetty Kundra, who herself had back pain, highlighted that one should exercise regularly, while also sharing how yoga changed her life. Shilpa has admitted many times that women often suffer from back pain. She said that “I was suffering from muscle cramps and back stiffness at times. When I started doing yoga, I doubted myself about doing too many complicated asanas. But today I am able to flex and stretch.
This yoga is gentle and helps in stretching the abdominal organs as well as the back torso and neck. It is also known to ease deep breathing. It is a very easy asana, but it also helps to improve the flexibility of the spine, strengthens the wrists and shoulders, helps to calm and calm the mind.”
Benefits of Marjariasana:
- Apart from reducing tension in the spine, this pose calms the mind and relieves stress.
- The mudra helps to tone the gastrointestinal tract.
- It helps in relieving menstrual cramps.
- Increases flexibility of neck, shoulders, and spine.
- This sequence also stretches the muscles of the hips, back, abdomen, chest, and lungs.
- Cat stretch releases upper back and neck tension.
- Activation of the tailbone emphasizes root movement of the spine, which increases flexibility for forwarding and backward bends.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana that can help you reduce weight and lead a healthier life then you should join a Weight Loss Retreat In Rishikesh.
Method of doing Marjariasana:
- Kneel down and slowly place your hands on the ground and spread them forward so that you look like a cat on all four sides.
- Keep your knees and hip-width apart.
- Keep your head in a neutral position and soften your gaze downward.
- And then lift your chin and chest and look at the ceiling.
- Move your shoulders wide into a cat pose, moving forward as you exhale.
- Draw your abs in towards your spine and round your back towards the ceiling.
- Drop the crown of your head toward the floor, but don’t touch your chin to your chest.
- Inhale, returning to Cow Pose, and then exhale while returning to Cat Pose.
- Repeat five-20 times, and then relax with your torso sitting straight on heels.
- However, it requires precise body positioning for safety and maximum benefit.
- The person should keep the knees directly under the hips and the hands should be placed directly under the shoulders.
- For people with knee or wrist pain, this asana can be practiced while sitting upright in a chair.
Hope you loved this article and now you have understood very well about this asana. And if you also want to be healthy then practice yoga asana daily and keep yourself physically healthy. Continuous yoga practice leads to good health benefits. It is a very easy asana, but it also helps to improve the flexibility of the spine, strengthens the wrists and shoulders, helps to calm and calm the mind.”