The majority of Outlook users today have a question: “How to Split Outlook PST File by Year?” So, in this tutorial, we’ll go through a few different ways to separate PST files. Because Outlook is an email program that saves emails, journals, contacts, notes, and other data in PST files. However, Outlook comes in several versions, and the size limit for PST files varies from one version to the next. According to the most recent revisions, the PST document in Outlook 2019, 2013, and 2016 has a storage limit of 50 GB.
Table of Contents
Professional Outlook PST File Splitter by Year
Automated Tool’s Advanced Features
Split PST Files by year Manually
Manual Method Limitations
Divide Outlook data file by Year Professionally
The Split PST Tool allows users to safely split Outlook PST file by year. This tool offers an easy-to-use UI. Users can partition big PST files by year, size, date, and folder using various capabilities. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to split a PST file:-
1. The first step is to download and install the Split PST software on your computer
2. To add the Oversized PST file, click any of the “Add File, Add Folder, or Search File” options
3. Select the PST documents with the “Add File” button, then click the “Open” button
4. By selecting “Add Folder” and then “OK,” you can add any folder containing huge PST files.
5. The “PST” file can be found by users, by applying the search file option
6. Delete the PST files from the panel by using the “Remove or Remove All” option available.
7. After adding the PST documents, hit the “Browse” icon to search the location to store the files and click Next
8. Under the split option section, click on the “Split by Year” button.
9. Apply the year range, by clicking on the “From” and “To” options and hitting the “Next” radio button
10. Next, the user can view the splitting details under the Summary section, after that tap the “Next”
11. Lastly, the software will display the message as “The PST Files have been Split Successfully”.
Main Features Offered by Split PST Tool
- It allows users to split the active and archive PST files
- You can split PST files by size range of 1MB to 1TB to different small files
- It supports inserting single and multiple PST files and folders
- It allows splitting Outlook PST files safely into multiple parts
- Divide PST documents by email-id, date, category, year, size.
- The tool works with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 and below versions
These are some of the features of the Split PST Tool. Now, we will be discussing the manual technique to split Outlook PST files by year.
Split Outlook PST File by Year Using Manual Method
Follow all the steps carefully to safely split PST file by year:-
- First, hit the “File” button and go to the “Info” option.
- Next, choose the “Clean Up Tools”, then tap on the “Archive” option.
- After that, search for the “Archive this folder and all subfolders” option and choose it.
- Here, select one account or folder which you want to archive.
- Press the “Archive Items Older Than” button and choose the year according to your convenience.
- Enable Include data items with the “Do not AutoArchive” checkbox
- In the end, choose a location where you want to store the archive file and click “OK”.
Note: You have to delete all the data items older than the selected year manually. And after this, repeat these steps to split PST files into 2016 and 2017.
Drawbacks of Manual Techniques
The manual method can split Outlook PST files by year. But, this method has some kind of drawbacks. So, we are going to discuss the limitations in this section:
- Non-Technical users will not be able to use this method, because it requires a knowledge of technical skills.
- Using manual method data loss issues are very common
- It doesn’t give you any guarantee to split Outlook PST Files by year.
Split Outlook PST File by Year – Wrap Up!
In the write-up, we have given solutions for the most asked query that is “How to Split Outlook PST File by Year?” Users can go through the automated and manual techniques which have mentioned above. Using the manual method, you can split PST files but it has some drawbacks and complexities which we have discussed in the above sections. So to avoid all the problems, there is automated software. It is the best and the smart software to simply split PST files by year.
Read More: Know the Benefits of Corsairs SMPS