When a user wants to switch a single Email file into Ms. Outlook, he must convert the EML file used by Windows Live Mail to the PST format used by MS Outlook. We provide a proven working solution for this problem – how to properly convert Windows Live Mail Email to Outlook using the perfect EML to PST converter tool – through this blog.
Microsoft offers a wide range of email apps, such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Live Mail, that are widely used around the world. For data storage, these email apps use a variety of file types. EML files are supported by Windows Live Mail, whereas PST files are used by MS Outlook to store data.
Import Windows Live Mail EML Files to an Office 365 account
or Exchange Server using the EML to Office 365 Migrator application. Here is where you can get it.
Windows Live Mail is the default email client for the Windows Vista operating system, as we all know. However, Microsoft has now discontinued it and no longer provides support. Users are migrating away from Windows Live Mail in favor of other mail clients because of this. You may be aware that Microsoft Outlook is frequently used for both personal and professional purposes nowadays. It has a number of useful features, including the ability to work on many accounts from a single interface, the ability to configure Gmail accounts to Outlook, and the most up-to-date data security safeguards. The majority of customers want to know how to convert Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook PST for these reasons.
It is necessary to convert a single Email file into Ms. Outlook type before transferring from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Before you begin the process of converting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook PST files, you must first understand why you are doing it.
Converting Windows Live Mail Email to Outlook PST for a variety of reasons
In comparison to Windows Live Mail, Outlook makes it simple to organize and manage data.
Outlook has the ability to manage several email accounts at once.
Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client for both residential and business users, followed by Windows Live Mail.
Windows Live Mail is no longer supported on Windows operating systems prior to Windows 7.
Here are the ways to Manually Convert a Single Email File into Ms. Outlook.
Converting an EML file to an Outlook PST file follows these steps.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail.
- Under Windows Live Mail, select File.
- Under Export > Email Messages, choose Microsoft Exchange.
- By selecting Next, the Windows Live Mail Export box will appear.
- Choose where you wish to export email from Microsoft Windows Live Mail or Microsoft Exchange and then click Next.
- The dialogue box “This will export messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook” will appear; click OK.
- Select the mail folders that you want to export now. You can choose between “Selected Folders” and “All Folders.”
- Select “Finish” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, a notification will appear stating that the messages were successfully exported.
How to Convert Windows Live Mail Contacts to Outlook PST
- Click Contacts>> in Windows Live Mail. Select CSV as the export format (comma-separated values)
- In the CSV export window, pick the desktop folder by clicking Browse.
- Save the file with the name WLMContacts in the file name.
- To pick the fields, click the Next button. Now press the Finish button.
- You can close the Windows Live Mail window after the export is finished. You must now import the contacts into Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook now.
- Go to Contacts >> File, choose Open, and then Import.
- Now click Next and pick “Import from another program or file.”
- Then select “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the WLMContacts file using the Browse option, then click Open.
- Finally, select Next, followed by Finish.
Windows contacts can be exported to Outlook in this manner. Now that you’ve seen how this manual method works, let’s look at some of its drawbacks that can cause problems during conversion.
Manual Solution Limitations
Here are some of the most typical drawbacks of using this manual technique to convert Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook PST:
- Large EML or EMLX files are unable to be converted.
- During the converting procedure, data can easily be lost.
- This manual method can be used in a variety of situations.
- The manual approach takes time because it involves multiple phases.
Convert Windows Live Mail Email to Outlook using an Automated Solution
With an automated solution, these inconsistencies may be eliminated. One such program is the Windows Live Mail to Outlook converter. It is a cutting-edge and revolutionary tool designed by Software that allows you to easily transfer mailbox folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST. With this program, converting Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST is a breeze, as it just takes 4-5 steps. You can convert Windows Live Mail to Outlook with just a few clicks, but before we get started, let’s take a look at some of the software’s useful features.
Microsoft Outlook is becoming more widely utilized in businesses these days. As a result, the user wishes to convert a single Email file into Ms. Outlook files quickly. We’ve covered both manual and automatic methods for converting Windows Live mail data in this blog. However, the method used to convert Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook is entirely up to the user. The user must employ automated software if he wants to save time and effort.