The wildly popular accounting software QuickBooks is susceptible to a few errors. One of them being the QuickBooks Error 15270. This Achilles heel of the reliable QuickBooks happens when there is an attempt to download the latest payroll update. The QuickBooks update error 15270 is quite common and can be fixed through simple troubleshooting. But first, we will cover a few traits and causes of the same.
Traits of 15270 –
- The error crashes all active programs running on the desktop; and
- The system crashes with the same 15270 error while using a similar application.
Causes of 15270 –
- The update files haven’t been downloaded till completion;
- User Account Settings has been turned on; and
- Corrupt program files.
Check Various Methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15270
Option 1: Download the entire payroll update:
- The first step to do here is to relaunch QuickBooks. If the window “QuickBooks Update Service” is displayed, then click on “Install Later”;
- The next step is to click on Help > Update QuickBooks;
- In the Update QuickBooks window select the “Update Now tab”;
- After that click on the Reset Updates checkbox before clicking the Get Updates button, and then click on OK to confirm the reset;
- After the update is complete, the “Get Updates” button activates and the words “Update Complete” is displayed, now restart QuickBooks;
- Click on the “Install Now” button if the QuickBooks Update Service message appears;
- Once the update is successfully installed, go to “Employees > Get Payroll Updates” to try to install the Payroll updates again; and
- Please ensure that the “Download entire payroll update” option is selected and then click on update.
Option 2: Verify whether the subscription is active
For the ones using “Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll”, choose “Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information” or “Account Info/Preferences”. Once you’re signed in to your Intuit Account, view the “QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance” page and verify whether your subscription is active or not.
For those who are using “Assisted Payroll”, click on “Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information” or “Account Info/Preferences”. When the “QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance” is open, close your current screen to get notification of an update and re-validation of the payroll service.
Option 3: Verify EIN and Service Key
There is a probability of the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error 15270 if you’re using Social Security numbers in place of employer identification numbers (EINs) or if you haven’t entered the Service Key yet. Re-check these fields in QuickBooks Desktop.
Option 4: Run “Quick Fix my Program”
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is pretty efficient in resolving common errors. To use this, you need to close QuickBooks and download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file, that is QuickBooksToolHub.exe, to a location that you can easily find, and click on it to run the setup. Follow the on-screen steps and when the installation finishes, double-click the icon on your desktop to open the tool hub.
Once the tool hub is open, select the option “Program Problems”, and choose “Quick Fix My Program”.
The above-mentioned steps should be ample to fix up the QuickBooks update error 15270 and to help you resume work without any hassles. However, if you’re still facing an anomaly, feel free to get in touch with QuickBooks Online Support, for expert help with regard to the error in question.
Source URL – https://note.com/alexpoter0356/n/n3d043f5ea4b0