Rising temperatures and extended hot months have ensured the ubiquitous fridge is no longer a luxury but a necessity. Even if you live in a colder place, the fridge serves the purpose of keeping your vegetables, fruits, juices, and leftovers fresh and bacteria-free for longer periods.
The market for fridges has boomed in the last couple of decades and competitive pricing means there is a fridge for every pocket and need. Don’t let the plethora of models and designs — double door, French door, bottom freezer, etc. — confuse you. Together, let’s break down the essentials and compile a list of what we must look for when we purchase a double door fridge
The ideal capacity of your fridge depends on the number of people who would be using it:
- The general thumb rule is that smaller families can opt for a single-door fridge and larger families can opt for double-door fridges.
- Most homes with 3-6 members can opt for a double or triple-door fridge with a capacity range of 230 to 350 liters.
- Bigger capacity models are super spacious, with multiple freezer and fridge sections.
- Door ice and water dispensers and generally added to larger luxury fridges.
- Most mid-segment models between 230 to 350 liters are Frost-free and come with toughened glass shelves.
Frost-Free of Direct Cool?
A little extra expenditure can add a lot of convenience to your life when you choose a Frost-Free fridge:
- Frost-Free fridges offer automatic defrost and prevent ice build-up inside the fridge.
- Frost-free options are available in the double door, triple door, side by side, and French door models.
- Direct Cooling technology is found in most single-door fridges.
- Direct Cool fridges require manual periodic defrosting but are economical and energy-efficient.
The energy rating of your chosen fridge is one of the most important purchase considerations:
- Given the upward trend of cost of living, inflated electricity bills can do without your fridge burdening them further.
- Look for the BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) rating of your chosen fridge. 5-star fridges are the most efficient, while 1-star is the least efficient.
- While high-energy rated fridges are expensive, they will help you recover the cost over the long term.
Coming to saving, you can now purchase a double door fridge on EMI at the Bajaj Mall and win Cashback and more!
The compressor is the heart of a fridge, and you must pay special attention to it before buying a new refrigerator:
- Fridges are a durable investment and compressors play a big role in their performance.
- General compressors run at a constant high speed and consume a lot of power.
- Inverter compressors are energy-efficient and can run at variable speeds.
Always keep an eye out for the special features you desire in your new fridge:
- Check for extra shelves, adjustable racks, bottle holders, and Flexi ice trays.
- Look for models that are designed with accessibility per your requirements.
- Auto temperature control, and bacteria-free and moisture-free features to keep your food fresh and healthy are must-haves.
- Also, consider the features you can do without. For example, do you really need ice in 30 minutes at a hefty extra cost?
Does comfort mean accessing the fridge through voice commands to you?
Fridges today have gone digital, and you can choose from a wide range of ‘smart’ appliances:
- Wi-Fi connectivity and the ability to play music
- Some advanced models offer built-in screens to watch recipe videos, etc.
- IoT-enabled fridges can even keep track of your inventory and warn you when you need restocking
Aesthetics and looks
These days fridges are designed to blend into your existing décor as well as be a statement piece:
- Double door and side-by-side fridges look fancy and luxurious but do consider their high price
- Take note of the dimensions of the fridge and the space you have for it at home
- Choose a stainless-steel finish for minimalist styling or bold colors with patterns to go with your home décor.
Final fridge buying tips
Buying a fridge can be a confusing experience but thankfully there is always a helping hand to turn to:
- Compare models online across brands and price segments.
- Ask the dealer or check for online feedback from users who have purchased the same or similar models.
- Don’t forget to check for extended warranties, guarantees, replacements of parts and spares, and post-sale services.
- Look out for attractive financing options and offers that can bag you the expensive model that you want.
Shopping for the latest Refrigerator on EMI at the Bajaj Mall is the ideal way to bring home a new appliance. The EMI Network Card is a one-of-a-kind digital card that offers you access to a pre-approved credit limit of up to Rs. 4 lakh enabling you to buy products without paying the full price upfront.
New and registered EMI Network Card users can buy the best refrigerators on No Cost EMI at zero interest and clear the loan in easy installments.
Also check about – How to Cool Your Kitchen in the Summer?