Most of the Yahoo users are trying to backup Yahoo accounts because of several reasons. Users try to transfer Yahoo data to other mailing applications. Nowadays, many users find multiple attractive features in different email clients so they prefer to switch from the Yahoo mailing clients. In fact, in 2016 September, Yahoo’s mailing client lost around 1 billion users because of data integrity and security reasons. And in 2020 due to lockdown/ area shutdowns, the internet connectivity also got affected, and opening the emails online became a problem. So, the best solution to avoid these scenarios is to backup the Yahoo account.
Here we are with the best techniques to backup Yahoo account. Follow the blog till the end to know all the solutions.
Professional Method to Backup Yahoo Account
By creating a backup of the Yahoo mailing application, users can easily access the data in the offline mode, in other words, users can access all the Yahoo account data without an internet connection. To backup Yahoo account users can easily go with the SYSDaddy Yahoo Mail Backup Software. The professional solution helps the users to create a backup of Yahoo data in multiple file formats with all the attachments as well. Moreover, the wizard is compatible with multiple languages like English, Japanese, Spanish, and many more. We will discuss the features, later on, now we are going to share the procedure to backup yahoo account using the automated software:-
- The first step is to download and install the Yahoo Backup Utility on your PC
- You need to enter the credentials of the Yahoo account
- Now, the user needs to select any specific file format in which the user wants to save the data
- After that, find a location to save the backup files of the Yahoo account
- Finally, hit the “Start” button
Features of the Automated Utility
- Allows to backup of Yahoo account data of multiple accounts
- Users can store the attachments also without any data loss
- The tool supports saving data of Yahoo account in different file extensions like MBOX, PDF, PST, EML, MSG, etc.
- The utility provides a “Delete after download” option for user convenience
- Users are allowed to store some selective emails
- Folder structure hierarchy is also maintained by the tool
- Users can also check the preview of the process
These are some of the advanced features of the professional utility. We have discussed the automated tool to backup Yahoo account, user can go with this safe approach. But if the user still wants to try the manual solution then jump to the next section.
You may also love to read: Different Solutions to Recover Hidden Files from Desktop Easily. Do check out the interlinked post for the good.
Manually Backup Yahoo Account
Users can save the Yahoo account data using the MS Outlook application. But before starting with the process, the user needs to prepare the Yahoo mailing account.
Prepare Yahoo Account
- Firstly, open the Yahoo mail application, choose the “account picture” option, and hit the “Account info” option.
- Click on the “Account Security” option from the left side. And go to the “Manage app” passwords button.
- A pop-up window will appear, after that, click on the Outlook desktop option and tap on the “Generate” button.
- Now, a password will be generated, which we are going to use later on. Copy the password save it somewhere and click on the “Done” option.
In Outlook 2019/2016/Office 365, Configure Yahoo Mails
- The first step is to open the MS Outlook application.
- Click on the “File” button and choose the “Add Account” option.
- Add the credentials of your Yahoo account and hit the “Connect” button.
- Now, add the password generated while performing the above steps, and go to the “Connect” option.
- Simply hit the “Done” button.
- At last, in Outlook, you can check the Yahoo mail account successfully configured in it.
Save Data of Yahoo Account to System
- Firstly, click on the “File” option and choose the “Open & Export” option.
- Select the “Import & Export” button and choose the “Export to a file” option from the given list of options.
- Click on the “Next” button, and choose the “Outlook Data File(.pst)” button.
- Tap on the “Next” option and click on the “Folders to export from”.
- Go to the “Next” button, find a location to save the files, and hit the “Finish” button.
Limitations of Manual Approach
The manual process is used to backup Yahoo account but it has some drawbacks which are given below:-
- Configuration of Yahoo account in MS Outlook application is required.
- Don’t provide a lot of saving formats.
- It is a long and time taking procedure.
- Data integrity is not maintained and data loss issues occur.
- Requires good technical knowledge.
In this write-up, we have discussed multiple solutions to backup Yahoo accounts. Both the professional as well as manual techniques are discussed. But the manual solution has drawbacks so to overcome those, users can opt for the professional approach which is easy to use and safe.