The sanitation of environments such as gyms and sports centers is, as it is easy to guess, particularly important – not only for the resumption of normal professional activities following the COVID-19 emergency but to maintain the high healthiness of the spaces.
We remind you that, in order to operate correctly during Phase 2. It is first essential to know the difference between normal cleaning and more in-depth sanitation works such as disinfection and sanitation.
Cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation: three different processes
- The difference between the cleaning, disinfection, and sanitizing activities. Cleaning involves the set of procedures and operations aimed at removing visible dirt (dust, dirt, unwanted material) from surfaces, objects, confined spaces, and areas of relevance. It is not an activity aimed at generating the cancelation of the pathogenic load of harmful microorganisms but should rather be interpreted as a preliminary phase two more in-depth sanitation processes.
- Disinfection is the complex procedure and operation aimed at making specific confined environments and areas of relevance health – and therefore healthy – through the destruction or inactivation of pathogens present on surfaces and in the air.
- Sanitation is the set of activities and operations necessary to make the environment healthy through processes of cleaning, disinfection, and controlling and improvement of the conditions of the environment including the microclimate.
Sanitation in gyms and sports centers: hygienic and safe environments
Sanitizing gyms and sports centers means working professionally. Through the use of the correct products and equipment, to make the environments completely healthy, sanitized, and sterilized. Therefore, safe for use by operators and customers.
To achieve this result, professional cleaning specialists will use not only suitable medical-surgical products but also specific machinery that, thanks to the use of particular technologies, will destroy any type of pathogen present on surfaces, on gymnastic equipment, and in the common areas (changing rooms, showers, etc.).
The sanitization of gyms and sports centers can take place with manual methods implemented by the use of dry steam and ozone, both technologies that guarantee a very effective antimicrobial, antiviral and disinfectant treatment. These are advanced methods that are necessary for environments, not only to guarantee the correct healthiness to the spaces that host customers but also to reduce the risks of contamination, contagion, and even allergy.
Professional cleaning and sanitization of gyms and sports centers
Professional cleaning and sanitization of gyms and sports centers must focus on any surface with a high rate of contact: from floors to walls, from doors (especially handles) to windows, from showers to the equipment room, from mats to the wellness room. We must then pay particular attention to instruments typically found in these spaces:
- Weights, gym equipment and dumbbells. For which careful cleaning, sterilization and sanitization will be necessary in consideration of the fact that many people use them.
- Benches : in order to eliminate sweat and greasy substances through cleaning and sanitizing treatments.
- Changing rooms: these are common areas that must be sanitized deeply and sterilized at the level of lockers, benches, sanitary ware, shower cubicles in order to reduce the risk of contagion from Coronavirus on the one hand. But also to prevent the proliferation of pathogens such as Cryptosporidium and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which find fertile soil precisely in humid habitats.
We remind you that it is essential that the sanitization process must be in regular cycle and repetition. Based on the rules of common sense. The greater the potential contaminant and the infectious risk linked to the intended use of the premise. The more frequent the sanitation operations the safer and happier our customer will be.
With gyms and sports centers, we must perform these procedures daily .
Read more: Hotel cleaning: The system