If a couple cannot conceive for more than a year, that situation is referred to as infertility. One out of every six couples is a victim of this dire situation. Both male & female factors can be responsible for the inability to conceive. Oasis is the largest and fastest-growing fertility center in Hyderabad, bringing you the most experienced doctors with the highest IVF success rates across India.
Causes of Female Infertility:
Some of the common causes of infertility are mentioned below.
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes: The blockage in the fallopian tubes prevents the transfer of eggs from the ovaries to the uterus and impedes sperm fertilization.
- Ovulation Disorders: Ovulation disorders are caused by hormonal imbalances in the body, which leads to the problem of the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). PCOS is a condition in which multiple cysts form in the female ovaries, resulting in infertility.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition in which abnormal growth of endometrial tissue outside the uterine cavity causes severe pelvic pain.
- Uterine abnormalities: The presence of fibroids and polyps in a woman’s body interferes with her fertility. Fibroids are non-cancerous growths in the uterus, making it difficult for the embryo to travel and attach to the uterine wall. On the other hand, polyps are abnormal tissues that grow in the uterine lining of the endometrium, causing infertility.
- Unexplained Infertility: In 20% of cases, the exact cause of infertility is unknown.
Risk factors linked to female infertility
It has been demonstrated that infertility has identifiable risk factors; most of them are modifiable factors. They include:
- Excessive alcohol use
- Physical or emotional stress
Some experts advise that women below 35 years should visit a doctor after one year or six months if more than 35 years of failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy.
Causes of Male Infertility:
- Abnormal Sperm Production: Inability to produce sufficient sperms leads to male infertility.
- Issues in Ejaculation: Sometimes, reverse ejaculation occurs where the semen is ejaculated backwards in the bladder instead of the penis.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Hormone imbalances can cause problems in organs such as the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal glands. There are several underlying causes of low testosterone and other hormonal issues.
- Other factors: Excessive intake of alcohol, smoke and other drugs such as marijuana and other heavy medications can hamper a man’s fertility. Also, frequent contact with the heat, such as in saunas or hot tubs, raises the body temperatures and can affect sperm production.
Risk factors linked to male infertility
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Using alcohol
- History of infections like sexually transmitted diseases
- Exposure to radiation/toxins/medications
- Anatomical problems include male sexual organs trauma, surgery or genetic problems.
- Diseases like Tumours, Diabetes mellitus, Sickle cell etc.
Treatments For Infertility
There is a wide range of treatment options for infertility in men and women. Some of which are as follows:
Assisted Reproductive Technology or ART:
It is one of the best-known treatments which are available. A combination of fertility drugs and hormonal therapy is used in this technology.
In Vitro fertilization:
It is a technique of artificial insemination. Then placed in the uterus after the embryo has formed.
Special drugs can be given to women who are having ovulation problems. In cases of unexplained infertility, gonadotropins are also used.
It is yet another procedure that employs a small number of concentrated sperm cells. This is a quick and painless process.
Egg donation entails removing eggs from the ovary of a healthy woman who is willing to assist another woman experiencing infertility.
Surrogacy involves inseminating the surrogate mother with the recipient’s partner’s sperm. The surrogate mother then carries and delivers the baby on the recipient’s behalf, but the baby is legally the recipient.
IVF cost in Hyderabad depends on different factors, including the location of the infertility clinic, duration of the treatment and the experience of the doctor. IVF treatment cost in Hyderabad is between Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 140000, which also includes the cost of medicines and drugs. Oasis fertility in Hyderabad can provide packages that suit your budget.