Postingstock | “Combine 2 PST Files Into 1” Nowadays Microsoft Outlook is the world’s most common email client. Therefore, it can store all of its data in the PST file format. Outlook gives users the ability to create multiple accounts. However, it is easy to create a new account for the users, however when it comes to combining all the PST files into a single one, then it is difficult or confusing for most of the users.
Today in this article, we are going to discuss how to combine two PST files into One. Through manual method and automated solution (Expert Recommended). So, for a better solution you have to go with the below blog for more information about these two methods. Using which you can get all the possible in it without installing any other applications.
Let us start the process one by one to know the complete & easy solution to combine single or multiple PST files into one.
But, the question still arises why users need to combine 2 PST files into 1?
What are the Reasons to Merge Two PST Files Into One?
There are several reasons why users need to combine two PST files into one. So, below are some main reasons to do so. Let’s have a look!
- Users want to access all the PST files into one place.
- To merge 2 archive PST files into a single one.
- Users want to combine the ANSI PST file with UNICODE PST.
- Therefore, it combines multiple Outlook accounts into one.
- To import old PST files into the latest versions of Outlook.
Let us move towards the manual method!
How to Combine Two PST Files Into Single One Manually?
Follow the below manual steps to complete the conversion of Outlook PST files into one. By performing the manual method there are two steps to do it.
Step 1: Create a New PST File
- In Outlook firstly, click on the New Items, select More Items >> Outlook Data File.
- And, select the desired location on your systems to save a new PST file and provide a name for it. Click on OK.
Step 2: Import Old PST Files Into Newly Created PST File
To combine the Multiple Outlook PST files, in this step we will importing the existing data file into new one:-
- Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Click on the Open & Export and select Import/Export
- Select the option Import from another program or file and click on Next
- Now, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit on Next
- Browse, and select the .pst file to import and require options and click on Next
- Select the any options that you “Do not import duplicates” and click Next
- Check the include subfolder and import the items into the same folder in the box
- Click on the Finish button.
Combine Multiple PST Files Into One Using Automated Solution
As the manual method is quite complex, involves several steps and requires appropriate steps to be performed. Otherwise, the data loss and file corruption issue will increase. To get rid of all these problems and combine 2 PST files into 1 file format, then use an automated solution i.e., Free PST Merge Tool to Join / Merge First 15 Items.
However, it is a handy software that is easy and simple to use for novice users. This tool provides great features to merge multiple Outlook PST files into a single one. Therefore, users can easily merge two PST files as well as multiple data items like contacts, calendars, emails, notes, and tasks. It also maintains the original email properties and folder structure of PST files throughout the merging process.
This tool is capable of combining and removing duplicate items without altering any single information. You can combine Outlook archives as well as password-protected files without entering the password. It has the splitting options that helps you to reduce the PST file size while combining.
Working Steps to Combine 2 PST Files into 1 – Using Software
Follow the software steps to complete the working of merging multiple Outlook PST files into one without facing error. Let us start the process step by step:-
- Download and run the software on your Windows machine.
- And, select PST Files that have to be merged
- Select the required option: merge or join
- Now, choose Merging in New PST / Existing PST/ Outlook Profile
- Finally, select require advanced options and hit on the Next button to complete the task successfully.
This is a complete solution to do this task risk-free and which provides an instant solution to its users. Both technical & non-technical users can easily use this automated software. Therefore, the experts also recommended using this tool.
Using manual & professional methods we have easily solved the issue to “Combine 2 PST Files Into 1” without losing any data. The manual method is easy but it has some limitations to perform the task. The manual method doesn’t allow users to merge multiple PST files into a single one & it takes too much time to complete the process. On the other hand, an automated solution is easy & simple to combine single or multiple PST files into one without losing any data files. Now, it’s your choice which one is better for your issue.