Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, provides inadequate protection against data loss, overwriting, and Ransomware. So, as part of their G Suite backup policy, organizations often use G Suite backup solutions from outside the establishment.
Why should you backup G suite back mailboxes?
Find out below why users are looking for G Suite backup solutions there are different scenarios.
- When your data is unintentionally deleted by users.
- A third-party app hurts your G Suite domain with its “allowed” permissions list.
- If you run the danger of having your device lost or stolen.
- When a cyberattack puts your Google files at threat.
- If Google service goes down or shuts down.
- In case companies merge or buy each other.
- G Suite data is needed for legal or audit reasons.
- When an employee quits or transfers, you may need unique user data.
Methods for backing up your G Suite Mailboxes:
There are many G Suite backup solutions. However, only two are favored by professionals. These are native G Suite backups or a specialized G Suite backup tool.
Using native method (Google Data Export Tool):
Data Export is a feature with each Google Apps for Business license. The only problem with this tool is that a G Suite Admin can only use it. It lets an admin download and protects the data of all users, no matter who they are.
Necessities using the Data Export Tool:
- A super-admin can only use this feature.
- The domain needs to be 30 days old for this feature to work.
- It must be configured using two-step verification.
- There can’t be more than 1000 G Suite user accounts.
Here is a step-by-step guide for Admin on using Google Data Export Tool to back up G Suite emails.
Step1: Use the admin credentials to log in to your G Suite account.
Step2: After logging into your account, open the Admin Console, then choose the < button.
Step3: Here, you must choose the Data Export option by clicking on the Tools menu.
Step4: To begin backing up G Suite with this one the potential G Suite backup solutions, click the Start option.
Step5: Now appears to come the inevitable time of waiting. Google might take up to 9 days to send an email including a confirmation link indicating your data was exported.
Step6: Once you ultimately get the confirmation email, open it and click on the “Access Archive” button to see the information that was backed up.
Step7: After that, open each folder one at a time and download each user’s data to your local computer.
Challenges with Google Data Export Tool:
Even though the above procedure might seem simple, users still look for additional G suite backup solutions like a special G Suite Backup tool to back up G Suite mailboxes. You have no control over the procedure when using Data Export. You can’t make it fit your needs. Other problems include:
- Once the process starts, you can’t stop it. There is no way to stop and start again.
- When the complete backup starts, you cannot use this function for the next 30 days.
- It takes a very long time. As we’ve already said, just giving you the data can take up to 9 days. After that, add the extra days for downloading data from G Suite.
- There’s also no manner of exporting only certain pieces of information, like emails, contacts, calendars, etc. You can’t pick and choose what to include or leave out.
- You can’t even choose how many users you want to back up or which users’ G Suite mail users want to back up.
In such instances, Shoviv’s tool for G Suite is one of the finest G Suite backup solutions for quickly and securely backup G Suite to PST format. Shoviv G Suite Backup tool also backs up email from G Suite and contacts, calendars, and documents.
Furthermore, features such as mail filters, incremental, and the option to Schedule the G suite backup make this program a one-stop solution for all of your backup requirements. It is accessible for both individual users to backup their data and administrators to backup all users’ data. The app is compatible with the 64-bit and 32-bit of any version of Windows OS. There will be no technical challenges while utilizing this program.
Even this G Suite backup tool allows you a free download to evaluate its functionality before a license.
Users are continually looking for G Suite backup solutions to the desired destination. The manual technique of utilizing the data Export tool contains several flaws. Using the mentioned automated G Suite backup tool is a rapid and safe procedure. It is a smart tool that provides users with a simple and complete solution to backup G Suite mailboxes.